Thursday, June 30, 2005

Freedoms of Speech, Press Endangered




We live in such primative times, and half measures are indeed the curse of it.

What I am about to describe has made me so angry and bewildered, that I honestly don't know what to say about it. But I'll try . . .

There seems to be a secret assault on our freedoms of expression being conducted on multiple fronts. This isn't to say that the government is evil, out to get us, and wants to implant some sort of vast authorian society; however, there does seem to be something going on. Perhaps the purest form of free speech by concerned citizens [ Blogging ] is trying to controlled by the US Government. All the while, reporters are being punished for doing their jobs. What concerns me is not that the government is doing this, power always seeks to expand itself.

What scares me is that Americans don't seem to notice or care about this. Yet our neighbours across the lake seem to be growing more courageous in dealing with their government.


3 comments:

Bradley Herring said...

Just take a deep breath and keep saying this mantra...

"He'll be gone in 43 months, he'll be gone in 43 months, he'll be gone in 43 months..."

Adjust as months tick by.

And then realize that he's not the root of the problem, only the most current example of it.

Then try not to just give up on the whole damn thing.

Franklin Wade said...

I'll try, Brad.

Anonymous said...

I've been living in Vietnam for the past year and am constantly afraid that they're going to start censoring the Internet just as China has begun doing.

Your post reminds me that the U.S. may not be much better in certain aspects. :(

BTW, thanks for putting the Genetics and Public Health Blog on your blogroll!